Does Kayaking Help Lose Belly Fat? 6 Quick Tips For Incredible Results
Kayaking is an exciting and adventurous water sport that has become increasingly popular in recent years. Not only is it a fun activity to enjoy with friends or family, but it also provides a great workout and many physical and mental benefits.
One of the benefits of kayaking that most people are interested in is weight loss, especially in the belly area. So, does kayaking help lose belly fat?
Kayaking does help lose belly fat due to the full-body workout it provides. It engages multiple muscle groups in your body, increases your heart rate, burns calories, and generally boosts your metabolism, making it an effective way to burn fat in multiple areas of the body, including the belly.
Keep reading to learn more about how kayaking can be a good workout to help you lose belly fat and also build ab muscles.
Is Kayaking A Good Workout?
Kayaking is generally considered a good full-body workout as it engages multiple muscle groups, including the arms, shoulders, back, core, and legs.
It’s also a cardiovascular exercise, which means it can increase your heart rate and boost your metabolism to help you burn more calories and lose fat.
Additionally, because kayaking is a low-impact activity, it is a good option for people with joint pain or other limitations preventing them from engaging in high-impact workouts.
Does Kayaking Help Lose Belly Fat?
Kayaking can help you lose fat in multiple areas, including belly fat.
As mentioned before, kayaking is a cardiovascular exercise that can increase your heart rate and boost your metabolism. The increased heart rate can lead to a higher number of calories burned, and the boost to your metabolism can help you continue to burn calories even after you finish your workout.
However, keep in mind that kayaking alone may not lead to significant weight loss or fat loss results; it should be a part of a comprehensive program that includes a healthy diet and other forms of physical activity.
I have another guide in which I talk about how kayaking can be good for weight loss that you may find useful.
How Many Calories Do You Need to Burn By Kayaking to Lose Belly Fat?
The number of calories you need to burn to lose belly fat through kayaking will vary depending on several factors, including your current weight, your body composition, and the intensity and duration of your workout.
On average, a 150-pound person can expect to burn between 300-500 calories per hour of kayaking, depending on the abovementioned factors.
To lose 1 pound of fat, you must create a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories. So, to put it simply, you would need to kayak for approximately 7-12 hours to lose 1 pound of belly fat. Since kayaking for this long is physically impossible, you need to burn 3,500 calories through a combination of diet and other forms of exercise.
It’s important to remember that the above figures are just rough estimates, and the number of calories burned through kayaking may vary for each individual. So, for a more accurate estimate of the number of calories burned, it is recommended to wear a fitness tracker while kayaking.
Additionally, weight loss and fat loss, including belly fat, is not just about the number of calories burned but also about creating a calorie deficit through a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise.
Can You Get Abs from Kayaking?
You can get abs from kayaking as it’s a full-body workout that engages multiple muscle groups, including the abs and obliques.
When you paddle, you use your core muscles to maintain balance and stability in the kayak, which can help strengthen and tone the muscles in your midsection. In addition, it can also help improve your posture and build overall core stability, which can positively impact your overall health and athletic performance.
However, to achieve a visible six-pack, you will need to have a low body fat percentage, and while kayaking does help burn, it will not always lead to a noticeable reduction in belly fat, at least not without a healthy diet and other forms of physical activities.
Tips to Lose Belly Fat and Build Ab Muscles By Kayaking
If you’re looking to lose belly fat and build ab muscles through kayaking, here are some tips that can help:
- Incorporate interval training: Interval training, where you alternate periods of high-intensity kayaking with periods of rest or low-intensity kayaking, can help increase the number of calories you burn and boost your metabolism, making it easier to lose belly fat.
- Focus on maintaining good form: Good kayaking techniques can help engage your core and abs, making your workout more effective for building ab muscles. So, pay attention to your posture and form when kayaking to maximize your abs and core benefits.
- Add resistance training: Incorporating resistance training, such as resistance bands or dumbbells, into your kayaking routine can help build ab muscles and increase the overall intensity of your workout.
- Make kayaking a regular part of your routine: Consistency is key in losing belly fat and building ab muscles.
- Aim to kayak as regularly as possible, at least 3-4 times weekly, to see results.
- Combine kayaking with other forms of exercise: Kayaking is a great workout, but it should be part of a comprehensive exercise program that includes diet and other forms of physical activity.
- Try to incorporate a variety of exercises, such as strength training and cardio, into your routine to maximize the benefits to your abs and overall health.
- Watch your diet: To effectively lose belly fat, you need to create a calorie deficit through a combination of diet and exercise. So, make sure to focus on eating a balanced diet that is low in sugar, saturated fat, and processed foods and high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
Other Activities That Help Lose Belly Fat
In addition to kayaking, there are several other activities that can help you lose belly fat and improve your overall health:
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT): HIIT involves short bursts of intense exercise alternated with periods of rest, making it an effective way to burn calories and reduce belly fat.
- Strength training: Building muscle can help boost your metabolism and burn more calories, even at rest. So, incorporating strength training into your workout routine can help you lose belly fat and build lean muscle.
- Running and jogging: Running and jogging are great cardiovascular exercises that can help you lose belly fat by burning calories and increasing your heart rate.
- Cycling: Cycling is a low-impact exercise that can help you burn calories and reduce belly fat, especially when combined with a healthy diet.
- Swimming: Swimming is a full-body workout that can help you burn calories and tone your abs, making it an effective way to reduce belly fat.
- Yoga and Pilates: These low-impact exercises can help you build core strength, improve posture, and reduce stress, all of which can contribute to reducing belly fat.
- Dancing: Dancing is fun to burn calories and reduce belly fat, especially when performed at a high intensity.
Overall, incorporating kayaking into your routine is a great way to improve your physical fitness and have fun at the same time.
As a full-body workout, kayaking engages multiple muscle groups and increases your heart rate, which can help you lose fat and build muscles.
But remember, losing fat and building muscles takes time and consistency, so be patient and stick with your exercise program along with a healthy diet to see significant results.
Kayak your way to Freedom
- On a budget? Check out the best fishing kayaks under $500 here and the best Fishing Kayaks under $1,000 here. Or Check the best Cheap Kayaks here.
- Going fishing? Here are the best Ocean fishing kayaks, and here are the best River Fishing Kayaks.
- You can also find the best Fly Fishing Kayaks here and the best Bass Fishing Boats here.
- A bit experienced? Check out the best modular kayaks here and the best tandem fishing kayaks here.
- Looking for something special? Check out my favorite Ducky kayaks here.
- Navigate your way with these awesome and beginner-friendly Kayak compasses.
- Going Hunting? These Duck hunting kayaks will give you an unfair advantage!
- Have a need for speed? These motorized kayaks will get you moving.
- Protect yourself from the sun with these Kayak shades, and make your kayak more comfortable with these Kayak seats.
- Keep your feet dry and warm with these superb Kayaking shoes.
If you like this article, please share it or pin it, you can find the share buttons below. We will really appreciate it ❤️